Close collaboration with the fabricator to handle, store and transport very large and awkward items. The intention was for the sections to be made up as much as possible prior to coating. This meant some challenges in all areas of production from fabrication to installation in handling the extremely large centre columns.
Also, to use a product which could easily be touched up on site following installation.
Bradleys managed to secure a nearby building on short term lease for the storage of this project. Close liaison with a logistics company enabled smooth flow of the items some of which were only two per artic load.
Bradleys coated a variety of architectural metalwork throughout the project in a thermal pure zinc coating followed by the coloured top coats.
The pure zinc coating is a strong barrier against corrosion, the coloured top coat is pleasing to the eye and pleasant to the touch, ensuring a quality long-life coating in an area that has a been designed to provide an enjoyable workplace.
The Chiswick Park office development was an outstanding project and drew worldwide attention.
It was the first office development within London to acknowledge and embrace the critical importance of staff enjoying work, which in turn leads to greater staff productivity.
The 12 office buildings are arranged around the attractive landscaped gardens and walkways encircling the central two-tier lake.
From when pen was first put to paper in 1990, until 2014 when the last building was finished, Bradleys was involved in relation to coating the architectural metalwork.
Chiswick Park Building 7 was developed with a BREEAM rating of “excellent” and the project, including the Enjoy-Work program, has won numerous awards including:
- 2003 – RIBA award
- 2006 – OAS (Office Agents Society) Best Speculative Building Outside Central London award for Building 5
- 2007 – UK’s 50 Best Workplaces
- 2008 – UK’s 50 Best Workplaces
- 2008 – Green Apple Award (Environmental Best Practice and Sustainable Development)
- 2009 – UK’s 50 Best Workplaces
- 2010 – UK’s 50 Best Workplaces
- 2011 – UK’s 50 Best Workplaces 2012 – UK’s 50 Best Workplaces
- 2015 – National CSR award for Innovation for Workplace Practices
- 2014 – Event Production Award – Best Event for Under 15,000 people
- 2016 – Green Apple Award – National Gold Winner
- 2017 – National CSR Award – Best National Education Project
- 2017 – International Green Apple Award (Environmental Best Practice)
“It has gone exceptionally well and the whole process was a testament to our closely working together and regular dialogue.”
“I must say that Bradleys need special thanks as whatever we threw at them, it was handled in a proactive and helpful manner and I cannot recall an occasion when they failed to get what we wanted, when we wanted it.”