8 Finsbury Circus
To provide a bronze finish to these very heavy ‘twisted’ feature railings, with good longevity and durability for public use, as well as providing a high class ‘hand shake’ to the City society that use the building.
A 25+ year system using a pure bronze applied over mild steel was the ultimate choice to meet all requirements.
The former 1980s River Plate House located at 8 Finsbury Circus was largely demolished in 2013, except a section of the 1920s north façade. The new award-winning pentagonal building built in its place has an impressive entrance lobby that crosses the whole building from Finsbury Circus to South Place, 9,500 sq ft of retail space and 160,000 sq ft of premium office space.
Portland Stone Facades and bronze are a strong complimentary combination, both materials enhancing the quality of the other. This combination added to the air of quality surrounding 8 Finsbury Circus whilst seamlessly blending in with the other historic buildings on the circus.
The lighting enhances the twisted bronze balustrade design, drawing attention to the Finsbury Circus entrance in a subtle yet very effective way.
8 Finsbury Circus has achieved a 2011 BREEAM rating of ‘Excellent’ and has won several awards in a short space of time:
- April 2017 – Won the Best Commercial Workplace Regional BCO Award
- May 2017 – Won RIBA Regional London Award
- July 2017 – Won a New London Award in the Offices category
- October 2017 – Won the Best Commercial Workplace National BCO Award
- November 2017 – Won the NextGen Choice Award – Innovative Fit Out
- 2017 – Won RIBA National Award