Thermal Zinc Metal Spraying
Hot Zinc Thermal Spraying process is an anti-corrosive protection system used for very long life coating requirements.
Bradleys use modern thermal arcspray technology for spraying pure zinc metal wire. In this thermal spray process, the zinc wire is melted, atomised and sprayed in molten form onto the blasted substrate to create a rich durable coating.
Benefits of | Thermal Zinc Spraying
- No dross produced with Zinc Spray, hence eliminating fettling of components (eg Handrails) which can invalidate galvanizer’s anti-corrosive warranty.
- No weld lift with Zinc Spray. Welds remain completely flat and consistent.
- Low heat input during Hot Zinc spraying eliminates the risk of the thermal distortion of fabrications (especially thin walled frames and curtain walling).
- No drilling of sealed hollow section required with Hot Zinc Spraying.
- Hot Zinc can be applied to a far greater coating thickness accuracy ranging from 50 microns to 250 microns. We have total control over the zinc thickness applied.
- Hot Zinc Sprayed Metal Coatings provide far superior bond strength for paint systems as it provides an excellent profile unlike ‘shiny’ galvanized coatings.
- Hot Zinc Sprayed components finished with one of our paint systems will produce a superior aesthetic finish.
- Eliminates Health and Safety issues with razor edges and spikes etc (especially on handrails/wallrails).
Powder Coating and Wet Spraying over Thermal Zinc Spraying Components
- Zinc Sprayed components can be powder coated or wet sprayed to produce a beautiful blend of corrosion resistance and superb appearance. Bradleys have developed two unique coating systems for hot zinc sprayed components click here.
Recommended Application for Thermal Zinc Spraying Sprayed Components
- Balustrades and Balconies
- Curtain Walling
- Security Door Systems
- Handrails and Wallrails
- Decorative Steelwork
- Gates and Railings